We’ve all been in certain situations where “We wish we had that…” thought has come up. The services in Windows Azure will definitely make your life easier and remove that thought completely. Sign up and get sh*t done!
5. Is My Resume Updated?: Who hasn’t been in the situation when you’re out drinking with the boys (or girls) and you realize that you have missed 7 calls, one long voicemail, and 38 emails from your boss wondering why the new line of business (LOB) app is not working. The app that everyone has spent hours developing and is the cash cow for your company, yeah, that one. Realizing the app was tested in Windows Azure, you quickly log on to the portal and redirect the app to Azure’s Mobile services. Users are easily authenticated and the business continues to function. Resume generating event (RGE) not required.
4. The Ex: Your significant other has come to understand that they are no longer number one in your life and that you touch your mobile device more than them. After sweeping up the pieces, after they threw it against the wall, you simply pull out that spare you have in the junk drawer in the kitchen, and you log in and continue working thanks to Windows Azure’s Active Directory services. At least the device will be there in the morning.
3. It’s Not The Size, But How You Use It: Yeah right! When 50 GB of free storage just isn’t enough through other free online cloud storage sites, with Windows Azure Storage you can create a blob big enough to satisfy any file size and make it public and get easy access. Make sure you carry that extra thumb drive in your wallet.
2. Cloud, what!?: Everyone at some point has had a boss that likes to keep doing it the old fashioned way. We don’t have time for that, Dancing with the Stars is on tonight and you need to get that server up and running for the Dev guys who don’t have a social life, or so it seems, and are getting email bombarded from them. Being the awesome IT administrator you are, you sign up for a free Windows Azure subscription and create the servers needed in under 10 minutes without having to pause the DVR and miss a moment of Carrie Ann!
1. It’s Not VMware!: No explanation needed…
Oh yeah, and if done right, the above mentioned can be achieved with almost no cost! Who’s the hero now?